So, what should you pray for on a prayer walk? Here’s a guide to get you started!
- They will be filled with joy! (John 17:13) Psalm 51:12 – “Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and uphold me with a willing spirit.”
- They would live with Christ-like character before the world. Matthew 5:14-16 – “You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.”
- They would be a witness for Jesus. (2 Corinthians 5:18) Acts 1:8 – “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
- They would be protected from the enemy as they share the gospel. John 17:15 – “I do not ask that you take them out of the world, but that you keep them from the evil one.”
Salvation – Seek the Lord of the Harvest! (Jonah 2:9, Rev.7:9-10) Romans 1:16 – “For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
Use the acrostic HEARTS:
Hearts - Pray for receptive hearts (Luke 8:5,12)
Eyes and Ears – Pray for their spiritual eyes and ears to be opened. (2 Corinthians 4:3-4)
Attitude – Pray for unbelievers to have and understand God’s attitude toward sin. (John 16:8)
Released – Pray for the lost to be released from barriers and strongholds that hinder faith. (2 Timothy 2:25-26)
Transforming – Pray for unbelievers to experience a transforming life in Christ. (Romans 12:1-2)
Sent – Pray for Christian witnesses to be sent to share Christ with the lost. (Matthew 9:35-38)
For God’s Glory!
Psalm 108:5 – “Be exalted, O God, above the heavens! Let your glory be over all the earth!
Psalm 46:10 – “Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations; I will be exalted in the earth!”
- Notice the trees, clouds, sun, or animals – Pray to the God of Creation (Jesus) and thank Him for His marvelous works. Recognize that He created man in His image.
- Notice an unkempt yard – Pray for forgiveness for others who have made a wreck of their lives. Pray that they would repent and seek Jesus for salvation and a new life.
- Notice a stop sign – Pray that the world would be still and know He is God.
- Notice children’s toys – Pray for the family unit. Pray that God would restore the family unit. Pray that the parents would raise their children to fear the Lord.
- Notice a dying plant – Pray that God would bring to life that which is dead i.e. man’s spiritual condition.
- Notice the flowers and the new growth of Spring – Pray that God will bring fresh, spiritual growth in the hearts of those in the neighborhood.
- Notice a roof – Pray that the family would come under the protection and lordship of Jesus.
- Notice a family that is yelling or arguing – Pray for the Prince of Peace to be known among them.
- Notice children praying – Pray the people of the community would have the faith of child and come to know the God of Salvation, Jesus Christ.
- Notice a broken down car – Understand that this world is broken because of sin. Pray that the God who makes all things new would restore His creation.